GIGE is hiring!
Gyeonggi-do Institute for Global Education (GIGE) is a government supported teacher-training and a professional development institute. It is a branch of the Gyeonggi-do Office of Education.
We are looking for professional, enthusiastic and highly-qualified native English teacher trainer(s) to join our team.
1. Location: Gyeonggi-do Institute for Global Education
2. Address: #40 Anhyunroseo 1gil, Anjung-eup, Pyeongtaek-si, Gyeonggi-do, South Korea, 17816
3. Start Date: August 2023
4. Position: Native English Speaking Teacher Trainer
5. Job Description
-Develop curriculum and materials to teach English related training programs and provide administrative support for those programs
-Engage in tasks and create materials related to foreign language education for Gyeonggi-do Office of Education
-Participate in educational activities in local communities and schools regarding foreign languages
-Present and participate in workshops, seminars, and conferences related to foreign languages
-Provide administrative support in educational departments in GIGE
-Support other designated tasks from the director of GIGE
6. Work Conditions
-5 days a week, Monday to Friday, from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
(Lunch break between 12 p.m. – 1 p.m.)
-Work is required on some nights and Saturdays throughout the year.
-Starting wage is 2,700,000 won plus a rural allowance of 100,000 won per month.
– 26 days of paid holidays during non-teaching periods
– One-time settlement allowance of 300,000 won
– 1,300,000 won entry allowance if flying in from your country
– 50% of health insurance
– On campus furnished housing (Pets not allowed)
7. Minimum Qualifications
– A Bachelor’s degree in any subject and a minimum of 4 years of full-time English teaching experience (Hagwons and/or private institutes will not be counted)
– A Bachelor’s degree in any subject with teaching certificate or teaching license in native country and a minimum of 3 years of full-time English teaching experience (Hagwons and/or private institutes will not be counted)
– A Bachelor’s degree or Master’s Degree related to English, Education, and/or Linguistics and a minimum of 2 years of full-time English teaching experience (Hagwons and/or private institutes will not be counted).
* Experience must be verifiable through letters from employers or certificates of employment.
** We will not reply to those who do not meet the requirements.
8. Hiring Process
– Stage One: Document Screening
– Stage Two: Interview via Zoom or in-person
9. How to Apply
If you wish to apply for the position, please complete and submit all required documents via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) by 6 p.m. KST (Korean Standard Time) on May 25th, 2023. The required documents are as follows:
1) GIGE Application Form (click here to view)
2) Personal Information Collection and Usage Agreement (click here to view)
3) Resume or Curriculum Vitae
4) Cover Letter
5) Copies of College/University Diploma(s) and Transcript(s)
6) Two Letters of Recommendation
7) GIGE Module Plan (click here to view)
Successful applicants will also be required to submit the following:
(These do not need to be submitted at the time of application)
1) Copy of Passport
2) Copy of Alien Registration Card (if applicable)
3) Copy of College/University degree(s) with Apostille
4) Copy of National Criminal Background Check with Apostille
5) Copy of Employment Verification Letter(s)
10. Additional Notes
– Interview candidates will be contacted within 2 weeks of the application closing date.
– Failure to provide the relevant paperwork in a timely manner may be grounds to cease the application process.
– Any questions or inquiries about the application or the position, please contact David Kim at email@example.com.