GIGE is hiring!
Gyeonggi-do Institute for Global Education (GIGE) is a government supported teacher-training and a professional development institute. It is a branch of the Gyeonggi-do Office of Education.
We are looking for professional, enthusiastic and highly-qualified native English teacher trainer(s) to join our team.
1. Location: Gyeonggi-do Institute for Global Education
2. Address: #40 Anhyunroseo 1gil, Anjung-eup, Pyeongtaek-si, Gyeonggi-do, South Korea, 17816
3. Start Date: September 2024
4. Position: English Program Coordinator
5. Job Description
- Knowledge and experience of curriculum design and material development for training programs
- Teaching experience to cover our English instructors
- Administrative roles – including translation and document writing
- Management and hiring of native English instructors
- Editing skills for English training textbooks and materials
- Administrative support for training programs and promotion of international partnerships
- Support for English-speaking native instructors
- Writing and handling of documents
6. Work Conditions
- 5 days a week, Monday to Friday, from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. (Lunch between 12 p.m. – 1 p.m.)
- Work is required on some nights and Saturdays throughout the year.
- Starting wage is 2,700,000 won plus a rural allowance of 100,000 won per month.
- 26 days of paid holidays during non-teaching periods
- One-time settlement allowance of 300,000 won
- 1,300,000 won entry allowance if flying in from your country
- 50% of health insurance
- On campus furnished housing (Pets not allowed)
7. Minimum Qualifications
- Must be fluent in BOTH Korean and English. Must be able to interpret and translate between Korean and English, host events, facilitate communication among staff, and have a citizenship to one of the 7 countries using English as an official language (US, Canada, U.K, New Zealand, Ireland, South Africa, Australia)
- One of these must be met:
– A Bachelor’s degree in any subject and a minimum of 4 years of full-time English teaching experience
– A Bachelor’s degree in any subject with teaching certificate or teaching license in their native country and a minimum of 3 years of full-time English teaching experience
– A Bachelor’s degree or Master’s Degree related to English, Education, and/or Linguistics and a minimum of 2 years of full-time English teaching experience
* Experience must be verifiable through letters from employers or certificates of employment.
** We will not reply to those who do not meet the requirements.
8. Hiring Process
– Stage One: Document Screening
– Stage Two: Interview via Zoom or in-person at GIGE
9. How to Apply
If you wish to apply for the position, please complete and submit all required documents via email (email@example.com) by 6 p.m. KST (Korean Standard Time) on August 7th, 2023. The required documents are as follows:
1) GIGE Application Form (click here to view)
2) Personal Information Collection and Usage Agreement (click here to view)
3) Resume or Curriculum Vitae
4) Cover Letter
5) Copies of College/University Diploma(s) and Transcript(s)
6) Two Letters of Recommendation
10. Additional Notes
– Interview candidates will be contacted within 2 weeks of the application closing date.
– Failure to provide the relevant paperwork in a timely manner may be grounds to cease the application process.
– Any questions or inquiries about the application or the position, please contact Supervisor Jungki Maeng at firstname.lastname@example.org